Advanced Lighting Controls
A quick video from our Partner and Manufacturer, Digital Lumens (an OSRAM Company):
Demand Charge Reduction
A company’s demand charge can make up to 30% of its energy bill. By understanding how and when the charge happens, you can lower your energy costs and reduce waste without buying any new software or tools. Today, intelligent LED systems give companies the bandwidth to measure almost anything and thanks to the IoT those possibilities are becoming a reality.
Today we customize workspaces using your lighting controls to measure heat and moisture in the school and or workplace from a handheld device or computer to ensure your team stays happy and productive (not to mention your building has just become much smarter).
Maybe your business needs to keep a work area at a specific temperature throughout the day. Lighting controls today can manage this task easily and even notify you if there are any changes to the designated settings.
Far too many businesses and factories leave unnecessary equipment running, wasting millions of dollars and energy. What if you could monitor these energy loads with your lighting system and receive an alert telling you it is time to turn off these devices? This is happening today and much more thanks to intelligent LED fixtures and controls. Today, Advanced Lighting Controls systems do just this, allowing you to create a more efficient, sustainable building—substantially reducing your operating costs and waste.
The Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)
Today, there is a good chance your home has a programmable thermostat that you have scheduled to maintain your home’s proper temperature. What our company does, is something similar, but we layer in multiple energy devices and have them all controlled by one software platform. This approach allows us to reduce massive amounts of energy waste in our clients’ buildings.
What we have learned is that the facility’s lighting system can be the perfect platform to pull and receive data. If the lights are inter-connected and report back what they see and measure, the lights would genuinely be the ideal reporting platform. We are doing this today with our advanced lighting controls solution.
Today, our lighting controls are helping us help our clients reduce energy was in the following ways:
- Turning off 20,000W dust collectors when the work area is no longer in operation. Dust collectors that often ran for an additional 8 – 10 hours per day when there is no work in the area.
- The monitoring of temperature in some of our manufacturing clients’ sites is vital to their manufacturing process. Today, we monitor, measure, and report temperatures according to our client’s needs. Our software sends out a series of text alerts to the respective managers.
- We attach sensors to motors to report on the bearing life in the motor, to avoid costly unplanned breakdowns.
- Man and exhaust fans can waste enormous amounts of energy when left on after a shift, or when a team member leaves a work area to perform a task elsewhere. Today, we connect to the fans and control them based on the occupancy of the work area.
- Our heatmap and or occupancy maps provide a very detailed reading of occupancy throughout the day, which allows us to tie in sensors and other equipment to help us reduce unnecessary energy waste.